We were unable to send the article.
Arkansas Business on Monday named 37 people, companies and organizations that are finalists for its Health Care Heroes Awards, an annual event that honors those making significant contributions the quality of health care in the state.
“Through these awards we seek to salute excellence, encourage innovation, offer examples of best practices for others to emulate, raise awareness in the community, enhance the quality of health care and, of course, recognize deserving individuals and organizations within the industry,” said Mitch Bettis, Arkansas Business president and publisher.
The finalists and Lifetime Achievement award winner were chosen by an outside panel of judges. They will be honored at a luncheon and awards ceremony, presented by CompleteCare Inc., from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. April 2 at the Embassy, Little Rock.
This year’s Lifetime Achievement honoree is Mary Salassi-Scotter, vice president of Patient Care Services at Arkansas Children’s Hospital.
The winners of each category will be revealed at the awards ceremony and published in a special supplement of Arkansas Business to be distributed on March 23.
The finalists in each category are:
Health Care Administrator
- Adam Head, CARTI
- Ann Kruger, Arkansas Children’s
- John Montgomery, The Green House Cottages of Poplar Grove
- Brian Thomas, Jefferson Regional Medical Center
Large Hospital of the Year (100 beds or more)
- CHI St. Vincent Hot Springs
- Jefferson Regional
- St. Bernards Medical Center
- University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
Small Rural Hospitals (Less than 100 beds)
- Arkansas Children’s Northwest
- Howard Memorial Hospital
- Ouachita County Medical Center
- Mellie Bridewell, Arkansas Rural Health Partnership
- Orthopaedic Hand Trauma Telemedicine Program, UAMS
- Erin Mannen, Orthopaedic Surgery, UAMS
- Mayumi Nakagawa, Department of Pathology, UAMS
Nurse of the Year
- Morgan Butler, Arkansas Children’s
- Brenda Jo Jarrard, Arkansas Department of Human Services
- Amanda McCorkle, Central Arkansas Veterans Healthcare System
- Ashley Van Houten, Mid-Delta Health Care System
Physician of the Year
- Stephen Canon, Arkansas Children’s
- Johnathan Goree, Department of Anesthesiology, UAMS
- Thomas Kiser, Baptist Health Rehabilitation Institute and UAMS
- Ryan Koch, Unity Health
- Jon Oden, Arkansas Children’s
Allied Health Professional
- Stacie Bordelon, Specialty Pharmacy Services, UAMS
- Tonya Johnson, UAMS
- Derek Lagemann, Physical Therapy Institute
- Miranda Yelvington, Arkansas Children’s
- Sandra J. Brown, Jefferson Comprehensive Care System, Inc.
- Community Health Centers of Arkansas
- Kenya Eddings, Arkansas Department of Health
- Larry Freeman, Synergy Saturday
Long-Term Care Facility
- Baptist Health Extended Care Hospital
- The Green House Cottages of Poplar Grove
- Presbyterian Village
- Unity Health – Acute Inpatient Rehabilitation Center